Electric vehicles and steep windy roads, page-4

1. 6,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284
    Hi,
    I am sure that Enog is highlighting this as part of his ongoing dislike of ev's , Cairns to Atherton about 80km ? Makes Enog's mate's anxiety seem a tad overblown.
    However, it does pose interesting questions regarding range.
    EV's certainly lose range when under increased load , the capacity to get a bit of energy back of limited use if you are on a journey with a big net up.

So , does anybody have a handle on what effect driving from sea level to , say 1000 metres of elevation ,
    might have on range.
    Now , I know that an ice would also have a decrease , but lets face it , overall , ices have greater range than evs, and at least for now , ''filling up'' a tad easier with an ice.

Another question , somewhat related .
    Now , I want an EV , mainly because I am a post middle aged man who likes buying things , regardless how good or bad they might be for me.
    I do have a once a fortnight 280km drive , with no realistic recharging along the way [ ok when I get there].
    One way is often into a 30 to 40km wind , anybody have any experience in this scenario on the effect on range.
    As well , tripping along at 110kmh , which I understand drops efficiency as well
    The bottom of the line mg4 has a range of 350km , am I forced to go higher?
    Is the next one up , 450km , enough?
    Or , if I am going for an EV , just bite the bullet and go for the plug-in hybrid?
    I want an MG4 because I think I will look cool in it.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.