electricity meters rake in millions, page-19

1. 1,336 Posts.
    "The point I was trying to make is that there is a misconception that remote meter reading is cheaper than manual reading because meters aren't manually read (saving labour)."

dirtyharry76 I think I am missing something are you saying that that meters are not read manually? How are they currently read then (when in fact the retailer is not using estimates)

By the way I think that at least one of the bidders for the Victorian meter reading business used a business model that entailed polling the meters to one station per street and then polling each street to their computers. In this model they included the cost of equipment and computer services. Their estimate for the business was about $8m based on 5 times earnings so that is a profit (just for Victoria) of $1.6m per annum (if they paid for the equipment and services.

This new system that is going to be sooo good for us will (I am guessing) provide a nice profit per year to the meter reading business. So much for consumer protection.

What we really need is protection from our state goverments.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.