CTP 0.00% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

Psi Ya and others more knowlegible!!All this talk about...

1. 939 Posts.
    Psi Ya and others more knowlegible!!

All this talk about Theoretical Mathmatical Probabilities of success is very confusing indeed! \

What has happened to a more practical approach of Siesmic evaluation compared to actual results?? What has happened about the Gore Surveys compared to actual results??

My understanding of Electronics goes back 50 plus years when I was a Technician. I fully understood old Paper Graph recorders and went on to follow the very latest Digital Processing of Marine "Echo" Sounders which use the same principal as Siesmic. Now with 3d Siesmic and digital processing coulped with the millions of wells drilled over the world why are we talking about only 1 in 4 wells hitting pay dirt?? Surely there is enough historical data to compare Siesmic with actual results??

Seriously I would think by now we should have enough Siesmic data collected by CTP to make far more accurate predictions than the complex Mathmatical probability theories put forward on this thread?? Indeed is this why we chose to drill JW1??

This is a serious question to those in the industry ..not a put down!!

Can someone explain?? Why are we spending so much on Siesmic if we can just do Maths instead??

Don

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $52.12K 978.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 454057 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 46397 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.