CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

elephant in the room, page-38

1. 1,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37

I am following them dojii.

I think that Redflow Limited, asx code RFX could be the "The Elephant in the Room" they could be the answer to a lot of the problems for enviromental enegy companies around the world.

http://www.redflow.com/

http://www.redflow.com/zbm_overview

ZBM Overview

RedFlow is among the first companies to install fully operational and functional zinc-bromine modules (ZBMs) into power utility applications.

The RedFlow ZBM delivers up to 5 kW of power and 10 kWh of energy. With electrolyte, the ZBM weighs 220 kg (water-based zinc-bromine electrolyte comprises over 60% of the weight). An industrial lead-acid battery, with comparable daily cycling performance, would weigh over five times as much.

The RedFlow ZBM is constructed primarily of plastics and utilises many standard manufacturing processes from the plastics and white goods industries.

A key advantage of the RedFlow ZBM is that it can be fully discharged and fully recharged regularly, without significant degradation. This means it is particularly suited to applications which require regular deep discharging and charging cycles. Such cycles can damage comparable lead-acid batteries and, as a result, limit their useful life. In fact, the RedFlow ZBM is designed specifically for repeated deep cycling.

The electrodes do not, themselves, form part of the reaction and, hence, are not eroded away as they are in lead-acid systems. The zinc-bromine chemical reaction inside the battery is effectively a readily reversible electroplating process. During charge, metallic zinc is plated from the electrolyte solution onto the negative electrode surfaces in the cell stacks. Bromide is converted to bromine at the positive electrode surface of the cell stack, and is immediately stored as a safe chemical complex in an internal plastic tank.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.