BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

eleven going, page-64

1. 2,892 Posts.
    Some of the comments on this stock demonstrate just how short peoples memories can be. We have not even emerged from this credit crunch induced share market tsunami and already some of you have lost ALL respect for risk and preservation of capital.

Have a serious look around our financial landscape and compare it to the world we knew just one year ago...the world has changed.

The price of BBI and BEPPA are off 90% from where they were just 12 months ago because of the EXISTING and REMAINING risk in both securities. Not because the market has it wrong but because the risk is still very much there.

Yes they may well sell some assets at above book value and repay some debt and may well be able to reinstate dividend some time in the future. However, as I have mentioned a few times on this thread, it is all the things we dont know that is keeping the price where it is.

Some infrastructure sales are occuring, but the list of buyers that existed just one year ago, has shrunk so much that it is absurd to say that this would not have an impact on the price of those assets. Add in the increased difficulty in obtaining finance and again, I very much question the gap between book value and what some of these assets will obtain.

We have seen pure speculation drive the price of BBI for the last few weeks. She will rise and fall depending on where traders decide to take her.

When certainty of survival is present, then the price will certainly reflect that.

Good luck to those who hold.

Kiril

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.