PJ: Auscap popped up on my radar about 7 years ago when I was...

1. 231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    PJ: Auscap popped up on my radar about 7 years ago when I was doing research for my self managed super. I was looking for active fund managers who didn't hug the index. Otherwise you might as well buy the index. I liked long / short strategies at that time. I liked the idea that the whole investment team were focussed on a single fund. I liked that management were also heavily invested in the fund.
    As part of that process I started attending all their webinars, and from there I started slowly investing my non-super money in their best ideas where I didn't have existing sector exposure in my direct share portfolios. Hence my exposure to HMC, NCK and PMV, and HDN. Already held RWC and NIB previously.
    In terms of investing, I think you first need to learn what type of investor you are (i.e. amount of risk vs return or potential loss, trading frequency, time available to do research, etc). So what works for me, and what I'm comfortable with, may not work for others. I hope this provides some insight.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.