TAW 0.00% 31.0¢ tawana resources nl

This is the type of issue that a person and company face when...

1. 694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 682

This is the type of issue that a person and company face when going international, ie learning about things that we may not know about.

When I (in Singapore) buys an Australia shares (like TAW), I buy from my local broker which in turn transact through their Australian counterpart. I am not the direct legal owner of the shares, neither is my local broker and my TAW shares are held under custodian of the Australian counterpart which owns the TAW shares. I can't participate in the shareholder voting and I take the counterparty risk with my local broker and his Australian counterpart (in case they go bankrupt etc). Hence in this case, the merger transfer and RFRD form did not apply to us as the holder (ie rightful owner of the shares) is an Australian entity. 

I do empathise with the holders who bought TAW on JSE which is a different situation. 

Hope this helps people understand the situation. I believe that Tawana may not have understood this themselves, and the recent announcement might have mislead some people into selling out incorrectly. If they had knew this when making the announcement, then I must say they have some way to go in corp comm. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.