PAR 1.96% 25.0¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

Elmiron

1. 818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    Hi all,
    -i subscribe to a program that pulls together various news and social media feeds and searches for specific key words etc.
    This morning the following article on law suits in relation to Elmiron sarasota.legalexaminer.com/legal/elmiron-bladder-drug-lawsuits-over-vision-loss/ appeared.
    I realise we have had a full discussion on this previously and that it should not apply to us as the level of PPS we use in our treatment is significantly lower. It is however a potential unwanted side effect of PPS.

Now there are lots of drugs on the market with unwanted side effects so my question to anybody with a legal / medical background is:
    1. If a potential unwanted side effect is known, can we disclaim our way out of the side effect, essentially saying you recognise and accept the risk of the drug you are taking may cause X thus stopping a future lawsuit?

Some of the side effects Elmiron is claimed to cause, many people get as they age. Hence if proven, in the future if I developed one of the same conditions and I had IPPS treatment for OA a lawyer may try to blame IPPS on the condition.

I mean lots of drugs are sold today with contraindications and disclaimers does that mean you can sue if this condition occurs and as a result of taking the drug?

Personally from what I’ve read from people in this forum and the amount of pain and disability OA causes them, I still think they would take IPPS regardless due to the pain factor alone.

Anyway time to check the stock levels, it’s Friday and we are having our 10min Social Distancing Drive Through drinks tonight and I’m sure the members will be gagging for a Cosmopolitan or two...

PoolBoy

Sorry for the weird grammar and sentence structure I’m on my iPad and it’s a bit painful to organise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $87.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 26.5¢ 25.0¢ $71.50K 278.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 72166 25.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 1950 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
26.0¢ 26.5¢ 25.0¢ 110340
Last updated 15.56pm 08/05/2024 ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.