"- gga you're a good dude. I know you're non too impressed with...

1. gga
    1,125 Posts.
    "- gga you're a good dude. I know you're non too impressed with my fiestiness (apologies to your teacher re the spelling of that one) on the AZK thread, and no doubt my brash new (naive) vibe will wear off as I learn more about HC operates. Unfortunately I'm often a guns blazing type, reflection comes later. I've got a lot of respect for some of the things going on around here, and though I may have done myself an initial disservice I'm pretty keen to learn the ways of the old guard. Anyway, I'll try not be one of the ones adding more noise to AZK so you may hopefully return to the thread to talk your held beloveds.

- Hope you're on the mend there mate. "

Mrs Smith forgives you ^_^ (punnily enough, she moved down to Tasmania with her daughter and grandchildren).

- Nah... was just perturbed you were turning into a Tyler80 (Mark 1) is all and worried why you would be hanging around a stock that has fallen out of your favour when your precious, time, effort and most importantly, your 'mental' life bar could be better utilised seeking out and researching new prospects. As someone who is naturally negative and pessimistic, don't like to see other people heading down that path.

Nah, you'll be right... you've got a good, enquiring, analytical head on those shoulders... will serve you well in the markets in the future.

Nope, no need to, haven't checked back much since the CR was announced.

- Thanks, feeling a hundred times better.
    (altho'... among other things, having my inflamed gums puncture and flood my mouth with pus was a first for me! WTF is happening to my body?! Mum was right, "Conquer the world and enjoy life when you're young. The older you get, the harder it gets". Sorry all, TMI!)

Hahaha, you must be the first person ever to accuse me say I type fast! Thanks! Excelleeeennt... (very off-topic: just realised that Monty's vernacular wouldn't be out of place in the world of 'Reminiscences o a S O')

RE: PLA. I know, right? Pure dumb luck. I also had big wins with BMN, FXR, AJL etc. but NOTHING (since) has ever approached THAT in terms of % return (2373%)! Back then, I didn't know anything about position sizing and just sprinkled $500/$1,000 punts as if on a roulette table. After I sold, I went and calculated that if I had used proper PS, that solitary $1,000 trade should have been $21,000* (it makes me cringe just to type that.. ).
    What's worse, I watched in pain (eyelid twitching, facial tics, metaphorical fingernails bitten off) every day as FMG went from ~20c to ~$7.00 before I finally bought in (had listened to the old geezers at the ASX big screen at Phillip St who kept going on about Twiggy being a crook re: Anaconda). Reached peak of ~$11, sold ~$9.
    * whether there was enough liquidity, I didn't research that far.

RE: "get those stops sorted.." Big SIGHHhhh...After all this discussion (the above; having [disregarded] a $0.52 stoploss strategy on AZK) and a concurrent discussion on the Aftermarket Lounge, I'm REALLY beginning to think that I should resume having hard stops.
    Not to mention, finally get off my procrastinating arse, open an Interactive Broker account, and trade HK, US, and European markets - I'm getting sick of these orchestrated pump and dumps by the likes of Pattos, BBYs etc.

RE: MGS. Absolutely brilliant game/phenomenon. Totally involving ("Snake? Snaaaake..!!"), great event-driven music (it actually got me to go to 2 of those Video Game Music Orchestras), some really innovative gameplay (including the gimmicky '2nd joystick' controlled by Psycho Mantis).

"Yes you and others here seem to really get into the stocks inner belly and research the heck out of it.. I love that.. It's not me, I'm lazy like that. I can just imagine you wanting to know every single thing about a horse and it's track.. Heck you'd prolly even check it's poop! hahahah."
    Nup, I'm coming back round to your way of thinking. I'm increasingly burnt out. I, too, am lazy. One of the many reasons I originally quit my job was to work less & live more, but instead, it's turned out that I'm working more (albeit work that I love). Gotta get back to my Darvas, Glett, Dennis roots (while retaining a core holding of Greenblatts and Buffetts) ala William Eckhardt's "Pure price action is as close to true north as possible..."

"Those blokes you mention (btw reading Livermores book now) had it all.. Why the heck would they toss it all back in for another go?... That's the part about people I find interesting.. I wouldnt go from bust to boom from this, because if I'd ever hit the boom, then I'd run away and enjoy it."
    That's because some of them, and I, have our black dogs. I keep mentioning Jesse because I identify with him and, in the back of my mind, may end up like him or a Tony Scott (I sure as hell hope not!)

"Well. thank you for the reply gga.. You're very good at typing stuff and making sense.. Well, until you type overly intelligent, then I'm stuffed.. Nice day here today, reckon I'll head off somewhere."
    Haha, I think it's more because I type too slowly and think too frenetically, thereby omitting entire chunks of syntax out of my text. Sometimes I read back and think, "What the hell did you just type?!". I've noticed that squeef does the same too, although much more rarely than I.

========================================================

Have been on Kotaku and 1UP most of the day because of you 2 buggers. Just dropped into HC recently.

For you 2 dudes (memories of GoldenEye) :

http://imgur.com/gallery/M9bsg

Also, although most of these were before my time, salivating...:
    http://kotaku.com/retro-console-promises-to-play-all-the-games-1705659623

----------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: I'm doing a full geek-out here. Just some tunes to relax the night away [NB. a) Yes, there are technical mistakes (my opinion is that most of them weren't fully fledged professionals back then, but more game geeks); b) some of the arrangements are overwrought; c) you can find more polished efforts online; d) but I view this fondly because it was my first VGM concert and because it's 'Strayan Gundammit!)

My goosebump moment of the night

You can't hear it but the crowd went crazy for this one (girly squeals that equalled Oprah's audience)

Never played a Final Fantasy game ever, but my favourite song of the night (that choir's voice reverberating in my chest [mebbe it was the timpani])

Urk, tummy rumbling, gotta take a break to eat.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.