LOM 2.33% 4.2¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Thanks Amol7, Yes the reference was from the october the 6th Ann...

1. 359 Posts.
    Thanks Amol7,
    Yes the reference was from the october the 6th Ann but it was the a post from a guy named byron back in 2011 , that i was looking for ,but have found now , it was Delboy who reposted it .
    I was interested in reading it through again as it sounds spot on to me as to what we have .
    good call from Byron .
    I will add it now for all to see if some missed out before …….

Eluvial projects, while somewhat similar in nature to Alluvial projects with regard to production requirements, are significantly more rare and unique due to the fact that their deposits occur immediately adjacent to a known primary source, and are created in a different manner. In the typical alluvial deposits described above, constant flowing pre-historic paleo-rivers slowly eroded away the gravel deposits and diamonds from the source and then transported them downstream to various collection or settlement points, sometimes hundreds of miles away from the source. In contrast to this constant erosion process, eluvial deposits are primarily the result of a gravitational movement, or shift, of material in conjunction with short-duration erosion or weathering which forms the resulting accumulation or deposit directly adjacent to, or near, the primary source. Due to the fact that these deposits have not moved any significant distance, eluvial deposits also tend to closely mirror the characteristics of the primary source. This characteristic can provide for a more definitive understanding of the deposit in general, especially in circumstances where the primary source of origin is well understood. Eluvial deposits would be expected to retain the same potential for larger diamonds to exist as an alluvial deposit but typically include the added benefit that the smaller diamonds are also retained, as opposed to being destroyed, due to the short-duration of the event causing the deposit and the short distance the deposit has travelled. These characteristics typically result in much higher grades and better production consistency in Eluvial projects when compared with Alluvial projects.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.