CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

I just flicked this e-mail off - hope it helpsDear Sir I have an...

1. 483 Posts.
    I just flicked this e-mail off - hope it helps

Dear Sir

I have an investment in the publicly listed company Cougar Energy Ltd who in good faith, are operating an underground coal gasification pilot plant in Kingaroy. Recently, the company has been subjected to unjustified demands by DERM and the Minister for Sustainabillty Kate Jones based on the scaremongering of the Kingaroy press and local action groups.

The scaremongering has lead to the closure of the pilot plant and cessation of duties by 20 contractors despite Cougar Energy complying with the process requirements of DERM. Kate Jones has brought it upon herself to intervene on behalf of The Bligh Government to appease the misinformed and biased views of the local landholders, and press. These views are based on a the mistaken assumption that Cougar Energy has contaminated local water supplies, where the evidence shows it has not. The allegations of contamination stem from a laboratory rerporting error, have nothing to do with Cougar Energy, and has even lead to the sacking of a DERM employee.

The issue has been compounded by the events of 25 August 2010 when Kate Jones made public decalarations at a meeting in Kingaroy that contradicted the current consultative process that was being undertaken by Cougar Energy and DERM, as noted in the company's release to the ASX on 26 August 2010. In fact, Kate Jones made these public declarations before any substantive communciation with Cougar Energy.

It appears that the Minister has not acknowleded the submissions and undertakings offered by Cougar Energy to DERM and is profoundly uninformed and confused by the processes DERM is compelled by law, to administer and execute, in connection with submision of an Environmental Impact Statement (ESI) . As the minister for this particular portfolio, I believe, and so do many others, that she has been derelict and biased in her public service duty. Many would argue she has unnecessarily inflamed the situation, and made no secret of her disdain for the UCG plant in Kingaroy.

I urge you to extract from the Minister, a full explanation of why she and her repesentative ( DERM) has not complied with due Public Service process surrounding the submission, consideration and response in respect of the ESI and Cougar Energy Ltd.

Please advise at your convenience, the result of this request.

Yours Faithfully

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.