MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

email : any change to farmin schedule or not, page-33

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi anatol

I don't usually get involved in this bickering but as you have addressed me directly I feel I must reply.

In your post you say:

'And, IAM says on his thread "So, by my reckoning, anything to do with WA-360-P could reasonably be put back at least a month."

Why shouldn't we ask the answer of this question to the management IAM?'

First of all by you saying his thread it is inferred that I claim ownership to a thread. That is not the case. I just post in the HC forum hoping my input helps others as others have helped me.

Secondly, I have no objection to your emailing, phoning or calling in the office to ask MEO management about the status of the farmin process. On the contrary, I suggest all SHs do just that if they have any concerns at all. After all it is our company. I have often called the management to ascertain the security of my investment.

I last called management the Friday prior to the AGM as I was concerned about the delay in the farminee decision related to the need to confirm the drilling of WA-360-P prior to 31 Dec. This was very important to the views of my long term investment in MEO. Management (Colin) was very ameniable and re-assured me that they were well aware of the situation, without giving any details of course. Now I know they were in the middle of the insto CR and the following TH and ann answered my concerns by ensuring the operatorship of WA-360-P would not be lost.

If you are concerned about the fact that I added to your debate on another thread then I will place the statement I made about the AGM timeline here:

'As far as the projected time line goes, no matter how much we badger management they can only proceed as fast as the process allows them to.

The business plan and time line would have been prepared well before the AGM in November. At the time MEO thought they had a done deal with the farminee and only the legals needed to be settled.

Then the farminee suddenly decided to extend their decision until their board meeting in December. MEO were notified of this the weekend before the AGM.

Management suddenly had to organise a CR to protect their investors and would not have had the time to alter the time line component of the report.

The decision came through a month later, just before Christmas. So, by my reckoning, anything to do with WA-360-P could reasonably be put back at least a month.

Management explained this in their ASX release 11th Feb.'

This comment is self explanatory. I do not see it as telling you personally not to email MEO management anatol. I was just extending a view.

I am aware of thread space and do tend to put together rather long posts so I decided to address a couple of issues in the one post, ie Dr Daz's response and the timeline issue.

In my original 'next question' post I added to the notion put forward by Dr Daz that the price of oil etc was a factor in the future of MEO. I agreed this was important in the long term but that the immediate pressure on the MEO SP is Artemis. He didn't complain.

I even addressed your addition to that debate when you said in an earlier post:

'Now we are coming close. I have no intention to wait till eternity or unknown time, or the subjective positives of some posters here, including you and Iam'.

My answer to that was:

'Maybe it was wrong in some people's eyes for me to be subjective but there are so many figures being bandied about it is better to try and look at the whole picture IMO.'

To extend on this answer - if a shareholder is looking for a short term gain then they shouldn't have to wait for an eternity. Conversely the management of a company shouldn't put a deal in jeopardy just to satisfy some ST shareholders. This is all part of a SHs decision making process which I have touched on elsewhere.

As I have said before management have made some mistakes by setting deadlines in the past. Now we are looking for deadlines for them to keep. We were all happy (well I was) when the latest update came out. IMO we can email all we like but management can only give out information within the boundaries of their confidentiality clause and now I am speaking generally, not aimed at you anatol.

What is the alternative - they suspend trading until the deal is completely settled. Now that would be a precedent. Even if such a thing did happen it wouldn't speed up the settlement process.

I am sure management know how fractious the MEOmites are getting and are moving as quickly as possible.

Finally I am not having a go at you Anatol. I enjoy your posts like I do everyone else's. I feel it is unfair that you have been insulted by others because of your post but please don't misrepresent/attack me in your frustration.

I hope this matter between us is closed and I look forward to further debates with you in the future.

Good luck in your pursuits.
    #:>))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.