FAR 0.00% 49.5¢ far limited

Email from Cath and Ian, page-54

1. 5,716 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1111
    In case people need some reminding what CONOCO released regarding the deal....

NEWS RELEASE
    July 13, 2016
    ConocoPhillips Announces Intended Sale of Exploration Blocks Offshore Senegal
    HOUSTON – ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) today announced it has entered into an agreement to sell its 35
    percent interest in three exploration blocks offshore Senegal, which include the SNE and FAN discoveries. The
    agreement, which is through subsidiaries of ConocoPhillips and Australia’s Woodside Petroleum Ltd. (ASX:
    WPL), is for $350 million plus net customary adjustments of approximately $80 million. The transaction is
    subject to approval of the Government of Senegal and co-venturer preemption rights.

“This is an important milestone for ConocoPhillips as we progress our phased exit from deepwater exploration in
    West Africa,” said Matt Fox, executive vice president, Strategy, Exploration and Technology. “I want to thank our
    joint venture partners for their collaboration and contributions during the exploration and appraisal phase of this
    project.”
    The three offshore exploration blocks, Rufisque Offshore, Sangomar Offshore and Sangomar Deep Offshore,
    had a net carrying value of approximately $250 million as of May 31, 2016. The transaction is anticipated to
    close by year-end 2016.
    -----------####-------------

Now, it will be pretty bad form by COP to come out months later and say the real deal is actually double what was stated originally.  Otherwise I'm sure there could be legal damages against them proving they caused damages to FAR by publishing false valuations as the SP dropped on their news release.  Seems COP are between a rock and a hard place of their own making.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.0¢ 51.0¢ 49.5¢ $14.63K 29.41K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 49748 49.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 9861 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.