ELK 0.00% 1.4¢ elk petroleum limited

I busted this out to Andy last night I suggest anyone else thats...

1. cya
    3,836 Posts.
    I busted this out to Andy last night I suggest anyone else thats sick of playing Sherlock Holmes write to him (or Dr Peter Powers)as well at [email protected] .

Hi Andy

I saw your reply to another shareholder about the information output of ELK, to summarize your reply (in my own words) ELK releases a quarterly written reports and then you linked to two power point presentations, one at the oil and gas conference in Sydney and one at the EORI conference in Wyoming. The implication is that the general shareholders who couldn't access either of these conferences would have to make do with their own interpretations of these presentations. Frankly we can find these reports for ourselves.

If I could suggest ELKs minimalistic information output to general shareholders, the market promotion strategy and the exclusive focus on industry specific audiences is neither working and is out of date for the current market conditions . None of the stocks that either yourself (MEO)or Peter Powers (MEL, AOK, PSA) hold directorships for are performing currently. General shareholders are relegated to building investment pictures from the tit bits we can dig up on the internet , most of us had already seen the base EORI presentation document and so none of the presentations held any "new news" for us in fact some of us have taken to inventing material of our own.

There may have been "new news" in what was said during these presentations that we were not privy but judging form the content of the slides its all been presented before

I think its worth serious reconsidering the PR and Media strategy, presenting to industry insiders is obviously important but catering to your expanding number of retail shareholders has its place as well.

None of this meant is criticism but rather a suggestion that new strategies be put in place where the existing ones are not working. ELK is a small company and it maybe unattractive to the audiences your pitching at its current stage of development. Potentially Elk may have to rely sophisticated retail investors like myself until oil starts flowing from Grieve , if this is the case is it not fair and reasonable to have specifically targeted information made available to these investors and not just a few stockbrokers who paid their $600 to attend a conference where Elk WAS competing with 20 other companies for investors. I cant imagine that any of the companies listed above are terribly happy with their current share performance in the middle of a massive bull market for oil. Please dont take it personally but if you overlay (MEO,MEL, AOK, PSA and ELK) they all seem to suffer enormous month to month volatility based on the minimal news released.

You stated in your reply to my last email would employ "some of these suggestions as well as other communication methods already used by other Australian oil and gas companies", if the "oil and gas " companies you were thinking of are the ones listed above the strategies they employ frankly are not working for them either.

Times have changed sophisticated investors dont need to work with stockbrokers as they did in the past and frankly judging by my contact with the institutional community I doubt if they are sophisticated enough intellectually to understand ELKs potential, in any case most cases ELK does not fit the risk profile of the institutional investors , CO2 EOR is seen by many of them as a gamble until you bring Grieve to pressure you might struggle to get them on board.

How about adding a regular boardroom radio segment you could outline for the following

1)ELKs timetable of activity for the next 12 months
    2)and overview of Ash Creek and Crow acquisition (why did you quire them?, why do you think there is gas there? and how do you plan to exploit their potential? whats drill program?)
    3)Progress on Co2 supply
    4)Progress on JV

etc etc etc

If I could suggest that the traditional communication methods of "oil and gas" companies are simply not working anymore, the companies that are embracing new methods and technologies in their communication strategies are reaping the rewards of their efforts for shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.