I started recieving bounced emails some time ago. They were...

1. 1,368 Posts.
    I started recieving bounced emails some time ago. They were returned to sender as 'virus accected' by klez. I read up on klez and it 'forges' your email. The virus was on someone elses pc , and it reads thier address book, and forges the first address it finds.
    I know all this now, because klez can only infect a pc, and I run a mac. So I definitiely did not have klez, or send any emails out that I didnt know about.

Now klez reads email addresses from word files too, not just your outlook address book. The problem starts when someone here in HC COPIES a post of mine because they find it interesting. Then they get infected and klez does the rest. I set up a yahoo address that I only give out on hc. My friends have my real address. That seems to have slowed klez down. I still get a few klez files bounced back to me, and I know its someone elses problem.

I remember greenpastures 12 mths ago, procaliming loudly that he was innocent of sending virus emails, and nobody beleived him! Now its so common that heavy net users just ignore it all. Dont open attachments you dont understand, and youll be fine.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.