Embattled Tony Burke under blow torch, page-10

1. 12,141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 158
    That might be part of it, but I suspect its more to do with this, and not wanting it brought up again.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/pri...y-travel-in-2012/story-fncynjr2-1226735051089

"Mr Abbott has defended his expense claims yesterday after it emerged he had charged taxpayers to travel to Port Macquarie to compete in an ironman event in 2011 at a cost of almost $1300.
    Department of Finance records also show Mr Abbott has used travel entitlements to take his family to AFL Grand Finals and Derby Day in Victoria.
    The family trips cost taxpayers more than $10,000 and a charter flight to the Tamworth Country Music Festival, which he attended with one of his daughters, last year cost $8800.
    Mr Abbott last week paid back $1700 he claimed for attending the 2006 weddings of former Liberal MP Sophie Mirabella and expense-scandal-plagued ex-MP Peter Slipper.
    He defended all of his claims, including for the ironman event and claims over his annual Pollie Pedal charity bike ride during which he attends community events.
    "I believe that all of my claims have been within entitlement and let's not forget that Port Macquarie was a marginal seat effectively and I want to assure you that I don't go to marginal seats simply for sporting events although the sporting event in question was a community event," he said."

The polies are closing ranks on this.

not good enough

Lets start the audits with ministers and shadow ministers and work our way down.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.