FLC 6.45% 9.9¢ fluence corporation limited

@Michaeljob I thought your post from another thread was quite...

1. 234 Posts.
    @Michaeljob I thought your post from another thread was quite relevant here also and worth reposting, I hope you don't mind. Whilst the impact EMC will have is not specifically climate change related, the fact that large funds are now factoring in environmental impact to their investment decisions can only bode well for the likes of EMC
    http://www.energypost.eu/climate-change-becomes-prime-investment-driver/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email

BlackRock, the world’s largest private investment fund, has announced that it will include climate change as an important factor in how it assigns risks to its investment portfolio, writes Fereidoon Sionshansi, president of Menlo Energy Economics and publisher of the newsletter EEnergy Informer. According to Sionshansi, this decision has huge implications for the energy sector.

BlackRock is not your average investment fund. With $4.9 trillion in assets, it is the biggest private investment fund in the world. Naturally, what it says, and more important, what it does, matters. In September 2016, it issued a report that, to put it mildly, may become a turning point in the annals of global investing and risk management. In unequivocal language, it said, “Investors can no longer ignore climate change. Some may question the science behind it, but all are faced with a swelling tide of climate-related regulations and technological disruption.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.