ECT 12.5% 0.4¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

emissions trading scheme delays, page-12

1. 6,284 Posts.
    You really don't have an in depth handle on the energy/political dynamics in Vic I'm happy to stick my neck out on this topic, young nursery.

Peak load gas fired power production vs base load coal fired power production needs to be understood when making such statements.

As does pricing vs voter backlash.

Do you have any perspecive of just how many TCF of gas would be required to phase out 40 million tonnes of lignite consuption P/A ??

You just do not discount or deny the existence of the worlds second largest lignite deposit on a whim.

You just do not discount the potential to develop and exploit a lignite deposit with a life cycle of 500 yrs whilst creating a future potential stress upon gas reserves, discovered or otherwise.

There is, for example, a good tight gas reserve directly under Hazelwood power station,,, but typically these fields hold years,, not decades,,,not centuries, of reserves that could in all reality not be relied upon for any more than peak load in the first place.

Gas power is only a few percent lighter in it's C footprint when compared to bce anyway....gross....but nett...( capex/opex inclusive ) you are worse off..( the stats have been posted here by me on a number of occasions, if you care to read em...or simply dyor )

The fundamental, commercial and strategic basis for the existence of coal fired valley based, base load infrastructure is reliant and significantly dependant upon known hc resources and their reserves.

Pollies are aware that they would have a snow flake's chance in hell of re-election if gas prices tripled.

Whilst on the topic of hot air...hythane....beware of that head shed big time...too many connections there my friend..but I will say no more about that motley bunch and their related stock codes on this thread....always check the pedigree of the head shed.

cheers RD

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $11.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $1.099K 366.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
44 16509452 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11612010 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.