SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Employment with SDL, page-8

1. 2,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 198
    Hi All
    I am actually thinking the following article posted by dugsab (post#14283260) a few days ago. (Thanks dugsab.) It all make sense with ivne's post above regarding that gentleman being sent to Africa to do all the survey works for the rail and talk to communities and villages about the rail line.
    IMO, things are definitely happening. It will be really good that the Board just ignore all the -ve noises and focus on delivering their plan to get the project up and running. All sounds very positive to me.
    Cheers.
    Pikapika

http://www.lanouvelleexpression.inf...balam-le-projet-reprend-vie-au-sud&Itemid=638
    The meeting, which was held recently in the governor's South between officials Cam Iron and administrative authorities concerned the implementation of the declaration of public utility (DUP), the first stage of this project.

Discussing the implementation of the proposed railway Mbalam along 510km and also focused on the environmental impact and the rights of people marked the actual start of the project, which was delayed due to financial partners .

From a total of more than 4000 billion CFA franc, the iron project Mbalam's new financial partners whose primary is Standard Bank, a South African bank of international repute. The first phase of the project involves the DUP in 13 districts in the departments of the ocean, Dja and Lobo Mvila which form a corridor. A corridor that passes 49% in forest areas of these administrative units. 35 million tons of iron per year that will be operated will lead to energy needs. 510 Km of railroad are built, 446 Km will Cameroonian land and 64 km from the Congolese side.

For six months from October 23, 2014, meetings of information and sensitization of local communities will be conducted by the prefects and sub-prefects of the localities mentioned above, this on the supervision of a regional technical committee chaired by the Governor of Southern Region. Then follow the identification and assessment of people's assets for expropriation before the start of the work itself.

On the environmental front, officials reassured that analyzes have been previously made and will continue to be. Tons of iron powder which only 10% is converted into iron ball in Cameroon after 10 years of exploitation of the deposit will not only wet to avoid takeoffs may be harmful to people, but will also be covered by tarpaulins before be transported in trucks to the terminal of the deepwater port of Kribi. Apart from these precautions, officials Cam Iron which drive the project say they have provided a bypass that will be paved, an issue not to disrupt the flow of goods and people.

For managers of Cam Iron, the environmental impact studies have been conducted and agreed action so that people are framed in their respective community plans. "The rights of local communities and environmental protection will be maintained throughout the project," assured Alain Owona, officer in charge of environmental and community issues.

"I think this is good news, important news that should interest all the peoples of the South and the East. I am delighted that this meeting I have to chair marks the starting point for the implementation of the DUP on the construction of the railway line Mballam iron is an extremely important government project and s 'part of the great achievements, "said jules Marcellin Ndjaga Governor of South.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.