Whilst we are talking jobs, the first buses out of a London...

1. 1,025 Posts.
    Whilst we are talking jobs, the first buses out of a London Transport garage were called the char ladies specials, what these were for the ladies who go into the city or maybe other suburbs to clean offices, very early start, board bus between 5 and 5.30 and finish work around 8 and 9. When you board a bus, train, plane or walk into an office it's been cleaned. I knew a lady who had a cleaning job in a hospital.
    I would say that very few of the young people would contemplate doing this sort of work, too demeaning perhaps, wages too low, possibly, a job for the future definitely not.
    Having worked for the public service I didn't even think about who was there much earlier cleaning and tidying up, there are businesses at present doing very well from doing just this.

To go an awful long time without a job can be very distressing for some, I think the main difference is either a job or an occupation. These are my thoughts and are only here to show that there is more, not that I advocate any particular course only ideas.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.