EMR 1.37% $3.61 emerald resources nl

emr or ego, page-27

1. 7,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 965
    Hi Michael

IMHO the CH4 presence, the pressure, the lack of hydrocarbon shows in the drilling fluids recovered to date, and the original information provided by the JVs indicate that oil is present: the methane being seperated by the condensates which have "dropped" deeper. The quote I used y/day in the EGO thread was -

"
    The value of this approach becomes especially apparent when you are dealing with a dry gas that contains a waxy condensate. In such a situation, the gas may be at dew point when it contains only 5 bbls condensate per mmcf of gas. Without the dew point calculation, such a low condensate yield might lead an explorationist to assume erroneously that there could not be a down-dip oil leg, when actually there could be underlying oil or underlying retrograde condensate
    " [noting that the pressures cited - refer also Neil's comments regarding pressures - change the dew point and "split", for want of a better word, the heavies].

That said, I'm reverting back to basic high school chemistry for this slant: I'm sure the geos out there have a better "working" grasp on this in the field [also remembering that for me high school was a long, long time ago...LOL!].

Hope this makes sense. IMO the final conclusion is that there is oil down there: the only way to explain the pressures, dew points, hydrocarbon levels, and methane at surface level. Making the wild assumption that this is correct (!) the next Q is how much: and based on the original technicals I would hazzard a guess that it is commercial.

Regards
    Kit

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.61
Change
-0.050(1.37%)
Mkt cap ! $2.368B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.70 $3.72 $3.60 $2.694M 739.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 28668 $3.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.62 492 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.