LYC 0.26% $7.74 lynas rare earths limited

encouraging (good) news on malaysia, page-34

1. 1,176 Posts.
    Taurisk said it best:
    Sarcophagus

I have checked out your links and realise that you are an anti-nuclear campaigner - your links are heart-breaking, some of which were a real eye-opener for me.
    I suspect you are not even an investor in the sharemarket, especially not in Lynas. I might be incorrect, but it seems to me you just want to push the anti-nuclear barrow on the Lynas thread.
    Essentially nothing wrong with that - there needs to be a balanced view, but IMO the world will not get along without nuclear power; too many people, too many needs to supply.
    If you compare the ratios of kwh produced between oil and uranium, it's like this: 1 kg of oil produces 4 kWh, whereas 1kg of Uranium produces 50,000 kWh = 12500 as much as oil and we will find a way to safely store or even re-use the residue, or learn to use thorium in reactors; our future on this planet will be safe, global warming can be halted etc. sadly, no-one has yet stopped super powers from using nuclear weapons, but we should at least work our way towards clean reactors for peaceful use, or find greener alternatives for which REEs remain an essential building block.
    Please read all the Lynas threads and also please realise, if you want a nuclear-free world, we still will need REEs to build wind turbines, batteries for electric cars and other industrial uses, computers, communications systems etc. etc.
    Also check out the great extent to which 'nuclear' technology is used on a daily basis in our hospitals and - maybe you even have a friend who has had 'radiation' treatment or radiaton nuggets implanted in their groin area (a treatment for prostrate cancer) and then pass your judgement, if you must.
    But don't forget to research Mt Weld and the geology it has and the miniscule amount of radiation in its residue; this information has been discussed at length on the Lynas threads and is available on the company website.
    Some balance please.
    Cheers
    Taurisk

Now go with julia! Go calm each other down.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.