I am not sure --- I think animal slaughter - is perhaps like...

1. 81,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I am not sure ---

I think animal slaughter - is perhaps like political systems ---

it's not that important which system you have -- it's not the system that makes the difference -- it's the people who are in the system and run things.

it's always down to the people

I guess common sense says that if you stun an animal before you kill it - then, it should be better (less worse) for the animal -

but, there is so much to animal slaughter - that could be done to lower the trauma - stunning would be only a part of what I would look at

Even shooting with a large enough calibre weapon an animal in the wild -- it's really down to the person with the gun to how much trauma or not that an animal suffers

IMO - a good hunter - an animal would know nothing about it's death - one second it would be alive and the next fraction of a second it would be dead and totally unaware of what just happened -

but, the same weapon in the hands of someone else - could be a vastly different story for an animal.

As I said - I cannot wait for the day to be able to buy a factory steak (hamburger will do) - as long as it tastes the same, has similar nutrition and is affordable - I will be at the front of the queue and I will never buy meat from what was a living animal again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.