TLS 0.82% $3.70 telstra group limited

end in sight?

1. 661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    Quote below from http://www.smh.com.au/business/telstra-on-brink-of-deal-or-no-deal-20100408-rv85.html

The Gov must want to get this out of the way now as much as anyone else. The senator seemed to be enthusiastic on how well TLS were serving their share holders in negotiations, so I hope he is not trying to set us all up to accept a smaller compensation figure. Surely they must need to show some better result for all their warmongering! Without a deal by telstra it is going to look like they have no progress to report.

An end to the indecision at last, might help prop the share price up. Any outcome seems like a win for the price which dropped far more than the forecast cost of structural separation and the drop in revenue. If Telstra were just left to focus to get on with the job in a more competitive environment, even given we won't see the old monopoly share price again.

Last drop seemed capped ok on $3, and last peak closed $3.17 which was over the pre div price. Reuters shows 3 month net change in institutional holdings improving, picking up at recent prices. With no further government barrages I would hope to see $3.30-$3.40 stable and then running with its own earning merits.

Make your own minds up though and keep your fingers crossed!

Telstra on brink of deal or no deal
    LUCY BATTERSBY
    April 9, 2010
    AN END to the tussle between the government and Telstra on the value of Telstra's telecommunications infrastructure is in sight, with Communications Minister Stephen Conroy saying the parties will soon reach a conclusion or break off negotiations.

"It won't be long before there will be either a deal or no deal in the discussion between the government and Telstra," Senator Conroy told 3AW yesterday.

"I can assure Telstra shareholders that David Thodey and Catherine Livingstone have been representing their interests," he said, referring to Telstra's chief executive and chairman.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.70
Change
0.030(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $42.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.72 $3.66 $77.20M 20.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 199823 $3.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.71 829839 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.