QAN 0.80% $7.42 qantas airways limited

End of buyback, page-26

1. 7,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6933
    Rubbish. Suggest you pick up a finance journal. There have been numerous OLS studies showing the empirical return of stocks correlated with share buybacks in the short term and similarly longer term studies showing a excess of share buybacks over CapEx with long term success. Its common sense. Literally most of the value of gains in the SP500 from 2010 to 2020 equated to the same amount of money spent on share buybacks. Boeing and the US airlines went cap in hand to the US government on COVID for a bail package to prop up balance sheets for nearly exactly the amount they had spend on share buybacks in the last 10 years prior, weakening their balance sheets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/06/bailout-coronavirus-airlines/

Come on Mr Speculator. I am one of your main antagonists and shorted Qantas earlier this year for a brief period, before closing out at a profit. I never made any silly calls of shorting QAN $3.50, $4 or $5. Don't know who consistently did as you claim? Did short from mid $5 to under $5 this year and happily said I would not fight the superannuation traders closing out at a profit.

Thinking the removal of a consistent buyer of 20% of late volume is not important, that's just mathematical nonsense. I am a little offside on my new short at just over $6 for your fun. I know you like talking about other investors being idiots rather than idiotic fiduciary management by Qantas management.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.