I hope I got this right reader's otherwise I am going to get...

1. 3,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I hope I got this right reader's otherwise I am going to get reamed by Dopey

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D6 Lending Commitments – All Lenders
    Data are from ABS Cat Nos 5609.0 and 5671.0. Seasonal adjustment is by the ABS.
    A ‘lending commitment’ is a firm offer to provide finance which has been or is normally expected to be accepted by the borrower.
    The statistics cover significant lenders only. Significant lenders account in aggregate for at least 95 per cent of the Australian total.
    From July 1991, ‘owner-occupied housing’ loans include secured revolving credit loans. Commitments for ‘existing dwellings’ include commitments for the purchase of newly constructed dwellings and established dwellings.
    ‘Refinancings’ includes loans refinanced only by an institution other than the original lender. Data on refinanced loans are not separately available before July 1991.
    Commitments for ‘alterations and additions’ include loans to owner-occupiers only.
    Commitments for ‘investment housing’ include refinanced loans. Commitments for ‘existing dwellings’ include commitments for the purchase of dwellings for rent or resale by individuals and others.
    A ‘fixed commitment’ generally involves a fixed amount for a fixed period for a specific purpose with repayments over that fixed period which reduce the loan, but do not make further finance available.
    A ‘revolving commitment’ is a credit or borrowing limit. Revolving lines of credit allow borrowers to draw down cumulative funds up to the value of the limit. They generally have no maturity and no fixed repayment schedule.
    ‘Fixed commercial’ includes the secured loans for ‘investment housing’.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.