CNX 0.00% 7.4¢ carbon energy limited

I must admit that the AD interview about his ambitions did not...

1. 290 Posts.
    I must admit that the AD interview about his ambitions did not fill me with confidence but I don't think that the change in market cap can be laid solely at his door. If you look at the long term performance of LNC it shows a similar pattern over about 5 years.

Given the present price of gas in the US and gas futures prices I cannot see a future in generating electricity from UCG in the US in the next 10 years thanks to shale gas developments. Perhaps the gas glut in the US will be alleviated if they get serious about exporting gas but imo that will not be until the next decade. In this case near term opportunities for UCG in the US are likely (imo) to be limited to production of chemicals for fertiliser manufacture or something else.

Given the performance of DERM and the political climate in Queensland I am beginning to wonder if CNX will ever generate 5MW let alone 25MW. We were told last year that there was just a bit more testing of the transmission system before all was ready for sending at least something down the line but what have we heard from management - nothing!

I think that the time taken by DERM and management's communication with shareholders on this matter is a disgrace. Surely the company should have advised its shareholders that it had not received the promised response from DERM (if this was the case).

I would have more confidence in CNX management if they could show that they are actually doing something to force a decision by DERM which after all must be required to make decisions for applications made under Acts over which it has jurisdiction.

Turkey has gone curiously quiet. I suspect that the turkish company has gone cold on the idea.

IMO that leaves Chile as the only near term realistic hope for CNX.

Sorry if I sound a bit pessimistic but it is starting to sound a bit like the old mushroom story. I hope I am proved wrong.

Cheers to all holders
    Temp.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.