UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

If it was meant to be a full takeover what do you think is going...

1. 136 Posts.
    If it was meant to be a full takeover what do you think is going to happen with all the long term (15 years) supply agreements that uns signed in the past?
    Unless there was a clause in those agreements that in case of takeover the contracts may be nilled Amgen would have to pay out a lot of compensation, and for sure Amgen wouldn't want to honour those contracts and supply to competition. If they believed uns was going broke why would they sign up for 15 years in first place anyway.
    And everyone is harping on about Amgen getting the 19.9% - just because it was mentioned in the filing it doesn't mean that this was even on the table.
    It could be a curve ball thrown by AS as he is a player and a show man.
    As you know companies quite often include in contracts a lot of waffle to cover various situations and outcomes and "prepare" for all kinds of events just to cover themselves - similar if you read side effects of a drug. It doesn't mean that all of them will be evident in all patients.
    And when it comes to AS - the cash burn is what uns is famous for. Cash burn is even evident in their employees statements. apparently they get catered lunches every day! Some sort of employee relations strategy I guess initiated by AS to help make UNILIFE a great place to work at (become employer of choice)
    Alan is a show man, actually a cocky showman. He does believe his business is a revolution and pharmas should fight over his products.
    I dare to say he purposely didn't care about the cash flow, purposely made a big show of his R&D , purposely overspent on himself, purposely awarded huge compensations to execs just to make sure they are taken care of first of all. This business was a "fill my own pocket first" kind of undertaking. "I'm gonna be rich out of this" nothing wrong with that imo. But you gotta know where you're standing as a share holder.
    Further i believe AS in his plan backed up by his conviction about the superior quality and revolutionary product portfolio- he always knew that some thing like the Amgen deal will come his way - in his cocky attitude he believed that no matter how poor the company would be a knight in shiny armour would turn up because what he created will overshadow the mundane issues like lack of money. You gotta think like him. Big Ego, show off, game changing products etc - in his mind pharmas will beg him for a deal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.