UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

End of UNS world as we know it, page-26

1. 2,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    One thing i think that is important to mix into yur cereal of a morning when ppl consider existing contract and Amgens involvement/stake in UNS. Sure they are competition.

BUT, look at how many pharma now partner on drug development. I sat through a presentation about ROche being an attractive pharma to partner with due to their devices and ability to look after filling and launch....they could also throw in cash to help with R&D . Means sharing profits but also means sharing risk!

Now, you only have to consider drug filling is done in the highest level of clean room, is expensive and is cheaper with volume. So a pharma who can be partnered with as they have devices and filling capability to go with distribution is attractive.

So i can see a scenario where a AZ come along and say ..." Hey Amgen, now you have 19.9% stake in UNS and did the hosuework to make this risky minnow a going concern, you have access to deviecs, you can fill them .. well here is our ph 1 drug, lets share the R&D burden and psrtner up and you just focus on devices and filling/distribution/launch"

It WILL BE IMO desirable that Amgen are at the table.

It is the biggest change in the industry that I have witnesses in my time. As a grunt that has slung KFC next door to a few pharma I was amazed at how the former corporate enemy became mates out of necessity. For gods sake Merck partner wth Pfizer these days...so there will be circumstances where customers ma not like Amgen having a piece of UNS. At the moment they are just investors so not running the show so wont be a huge hurdle for those companies. Others wont care, others will like it as it makes their device supply less risky....and some will love it as it makes Amgen an attractive partner

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.