LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

End of year share price, page-86

1. 2,061 Posts.
    I can't be totally 100% certain but I believe some orders are at "at market price" - these would not be displayed in the auction - on your screen. These are included in the absolute finish of the auction.

The closing auction can be anywhere from 4:10 to 4:12 pm. Random times each day. I only have access to refresh - don't have live stream. I have watched many times where the volume may be say 200K at the match up price. And at the finish it might be 350K. And the price is different. You sit and watch and during the last minute or two things don't change and then there is the difference in the volume (and sometimes price) at the close.

I know an order could be placed in the last couple of seconds. But I have seen this happen so many times - it would be very hard for people to guess the last few seconds before auction is closed as it is random. I have seen it at the opening auction also. Best seen in a stock that doesn't have high volumes. I have sat there and virtually clicked the refresh every second or two, know what the volume will be and bang at the opening/closing, the volume is a lot higher and a different price sometimes. Hope that explains - if not explain to me how an "at the market" order is incorporated into the auction at the end or opening. Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.