CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

Jake, you make it sound like solar is a laggard....

1. 298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Jake, you make it sound like solar is a laggard.
    However:
    installed solar is far greater than all fuel cell,
    solar is renewable,
    current FITs for solar is much greater than for fuel cell,
    advantages of gas over coal are greatly exaggerated when you take in to account the energy requirements of liquification and transport (hence the potential CO2 savings not as great as some would have you believe),
    far greater research effort into solar using may different materials and methods,
    projected costs of solar to fall dramatically over next few years,
    significant advances in solar photovoltaic and solar hydrogen,
    recent advances in thin film are very interesting,
    CFCL fuel stack efficiency degradation rates still too high,
    still to be proved that Bluegen/MCHP units will be cheap enough even when mass manufactured,
    primary zone of potential sales has a semi-crisis on its hand with a real possibility of a default by some nations which could slow down development of mchp by partners.

Also, fuel cells have to compete with heat pumps and (indirectly) CCGT.

The idea of fuel cells is very compelling to me, my instinct tells me that there could be great future for fuel cells and especially CFCL. However, research and my background in science/engineering has taught me that you usually can't rely on instinct.
    Most of the hard work seems to be behind CFCL but that doesn't mean that success is assured.
    I used to hold few 100thou but have cut back by 2/3 so I can spread my bets.

Good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.