"Check Origins Investor Presentation on ASX Announcements rather...

1. 16,879 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8357
    "Check Origins Investor Presentation on ASX Announcements rather than AFR
    You might learn something."

Oh, the time to learn was last year when Brookfield associated entities made a takeover tilt at the company.
    Which I did over many hours.

Accordingly, not only have I checked ORG's presentations, but as a shareholder I have read their past 4 or 5 Annual Reports, as well as having constructed a 260-line financial model for the company, with fully integrated Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Statements of Cash Flow.

In fact, one of the reasons I became a shareholder in December last year right after the Brookfield deal fell over, is because the company chairman at the Scheme meeting indicated that, should the takeover by Brookfield et al not succeed, then the Board would be paring back the company's thrust into renewables.

As you can see from the subsequent share price performance, and as I had anticipated, the market has applauded the fact that the capital of the company would be invested into return-dilutive renewables at a far slower rate than before.

Capital markets don't like it when capital is deployed by companies at a rate lower than the cost of that capital.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.