"I haven't heard of any wanting to build a nuke here as...

1. 57,344 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    "I haven't heard of any wanting to build a nuke here as yet".

Don't be ridiculous Scott. You surely know there's a moratorium on nuclear reactors in Australia.

Renewables have been the flavour of the past few years as the mad Bowen pushes his wheelbarrow full of very expensive solar and off or on shore wind green dreams of 100% renewable powerhouse of the world, idiocy!

Apart from roof top solar (which also depreciates and expensive to replace, repair/maintain), these renewables also depend heavily on Taxpayer subsidies at the discretion of the government of the day.

As I have been posting endlessly, Australia at least needs a mature conversation surrounding the viability of nuclear power for Australia.

IMHO, nuclear will be inevitable as we slowly follow the rest of the world to ensure 24/7/365 RELIABLE electricity for the future of our economy for many decades ahead. This will be the backbone of reliable power, supplemented by (intermittent and unreliable) renewables, which will certainly have their place in the mix.

The first challenging move in the near future is a bi-Partisan agreement to rescind the now obsolete restriction on nuclear power reactors in Australia.

Under the current "head in the sand" regime, that seems improbable. Bowen has staked his, once again, failing Ministry to his renewables obsession.
    He has nowhere to go, except another election loss thanks to his stupidity and Albo's gutless acquiescence!rolleyes.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.