ATR 0.00% 72.5¢ astron corporation limited

Energy Fuels takeover bid for BSE...implications for ATR, page-4

1. 374 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    Hi Spectreau,

Thanks for pointing out that EF are now updating their REE phase 2 PFS to increase throughput to 40-60ktpa of monazite, I jumped on their website and reviewed their latest April 2024 prezzo chartpack and indeed it is now stated there... I do note however that in the 22nd April 2024 EF/BSE merger chartpack announcement by BSE they were stating that EF's REE phase 2 PFS monazite throughput would be 30ktpa...so it's obviously a very recent decision to scale the PFS up to match the forecast increase in feedstock supply, possibly after enquiries by ATR?

I note that EF are now factoring in 250-300tpa Dy/Tb in their updated PFS financials, mostly from Toliara monazite, which looks to me to be a stretch given that Toliara's monazite REO HRE assemblage is not particularly high at 0.5% Dy2O3 and 0.2% Tb4O7...particularly when compared to Donald REEC at 1.8% Dy2O3 and 0.3% Tb4O7, due to it's 25% xenotime content. Donald REEC is the HRE cherry on top!

I also note in the April EF prezzo that they describe the Donald deal as a 'Non-Binding MOU to “Earn-In” to 49% Ownership' , which IMO is somewhat different to a straight J/V that I think has assumed by many of us on this thread when extrapolating a implied value for Donald, myself included.

My assumption was that the MOU proposal was for EF to invest A$180m to buy 49% of Donald phase 1 J/V, after which the parties would share the CAPEX proportionally. Re-reading the original ATR release of 28/12/2023 it states that; "Energy Fuels’ investment of A$180 million is expected to satisfy most of the equity capital requirements for the construction of the Phase 1 project" . Combining the terms "equity capital" and "Earn-In" leads me to the conclusion that EF are not buying into Donald outright, but are proposing to fund $180m of project CAPEX to earn-in to 49% ownership, which leaves ATR carrying all the financial risk if the project cannot make FID. No FID = no project CAPEX = no risk sharing for EF.

All this is (hopefully somewhat informed) speculation of course, which will happen in a information vacuum, IMO making it imperative that ATR update it's shareholders and the market ASAP on the detailed T's & C's of the J.V. proposal...It's going on to 4 months now since ATR's single page announcement of the MOU and I think if we do not get a binding J.V. announcement by the end of April we need to get at least some substantial details on the proposal...It would be nice if we could share a little of the 150% bounce that BSE has experienced since the announcement of their deal with Energy Fuels. GLTAH & DYOR!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $124.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
74.0¢ 74.0¢ 72.5¢ $888 1.212K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4226 71.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
74.0¢ 4166 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.