Spare a thought for the poor sods living in Victoria. Not only...

1. 5,178 Posts.
    Spare a thought for the poor sods living in Victoria. Not only do they have to put up with Dan they now can't afford to shop nor can they afford to keep warm as winter approaches,

Cost of living, power prices driving Victorians into food relief program, Uniting says

Escalating electricity and gas prices are pushing more regional Victorians to turn to free community meal programs, a social welfare organisation says.

Every day, Uniting Ballarat workers and volunteers roll up their sleeves to dish out roasts, lasagne and stir fry to a steady stream of patrons who cannot afford to cook.

But lately that number has been increasing, according to senior manager of homelessness Adam Liversage.

"I have come across people in our meals program who say, 'I can't afford my utility bills, my gas or electricity has been cut, so I can't cook at home,'" he said.

The number of people in need is not likely to diminish any time soon.
    [...]

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-25/electricity-price-rises-food-relief-demand-uniting-ballarat/102391424

People who are having trouble with rising costs should remember the iron clad promise of Mr Albanese. I'm sure Mr Albanese has a plan and people should be encouraged to place their trust in Mr Albanese.

Life will be ‘cheaper’ under me: Albanese vow

Anthony Albanese has promised to change Australia ‘for the better’ by providing cheaper childcare, power bills, electric vehicles, medicines and mortgages.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.