LPD 0.00% 0.2¢ lepidico ltd

Energy storage, page-2

1. 763 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439

I've resurrected this thread to consider and ask fellow posters of their view on the recent announcement (22 Jan 2019) of a Labor Govt to fund the development of separation of Hydrogen from H2O.

On my superficial over view of the matter, it seems to me to be that it is about trying to 'pick winners' which is the 'norm' for politicians of all persuasions.

Having looked at the Qld Govt and Labor's plan the hydrogen plant is really an ammonia plant using coal as an input to generate the necessary power to separate the H2 atoms from the O atom, see https://www.statedevelopment.qld.gov.au/assessments-and-approvals/gladstone-energy-and-ammonia-project.html.

Taken from the above document, it states:

"The project proposes to convert 1.5 million tonnes per annum of coal to produce ammonia, synthetic natural gas and electrical power. The project consists of the following components:

• coal supply system
    • coal gasification plant
    • gas processing plant
    • ammonia processing plant
    • combined cycle gas power generation plant
    • utilities and ancillary infrastructure."

Nor, on my calculations does it appear to any less expensive to petrol, unless they intend to move away from coal and use solar panels and other turbine (wind) methods.

Welcome all your views and comments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $29.70K 15.03M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
125 273223390 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 32741268 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.