ENG 0.00% 89.0¢ engin limited

And Wimax is not relevant to engin? Show me where on the Engin...

1. 983 Posts.
    And Wimax is not relevant to engin?

Show me where on the Engin site or any ENG press release where ENG discusses WIMAX? Posts should be dated after Seven bought Unwired outright.

As I understand it Wimax is the way seven can send TV to anyone on the move

I don't think that Seven would want to stream TV over WIMAX, if you look at installed WIMAX site reports in the US, they become very clogged very quickly. If a tower has 100Mbit bandwidth available and 100 users are connected then that would be 1Mbit each. If 1000 users connect then they get 100K each.

The way to fix this is more towers (they can only transmit X number of Watts per site so can't just add more antenna) and these cost lots of money.

Wimax can also carry engin and re-write mobile telephony, charging voice as data, not as voice like the rip-off telcos do.

Mobile carriers have nothing to worry about in the short term. They have spent 15 years building mobile towers and coverage to nearly 100% of Australia. Any WIMAX implementation that seeks to provide an alternative mobile phone strategy will have to partner with an existing mobile phone teleco for roaming in areas that WIMAX does not work in, this will include some parts of metro capitals as can be seen now with Unwired, the coverage is simply not going to be even 100% of even metro locations.

This need to partner with a mobile telco for coverage may well negate any overall cost savings of data charge vs minute charges. Users would also require a new mbl ph with WIMAX. initially these will be extremely limited and people like choice when it comes to mbl handsets as we have seen.

Unwired is owned 100% by Seven, WIMAX is relevant to Unwired only not Seven. Seven as the owner of Unwired, if it runs with WIMAX will I would assume use ENG to manage it's VOIP traffic, maybe. Either way, ENG will not get a preferential pricing from Seven as it is just another business and Seven only owns 58% of it at this stage.

Any VOIP Service Provider, FRE, ENG, MNF will work over any available medium such as Unwired, WIMAX or whatever. Seven/Unwired will not have a monopoly on wireless media and would not exlude or block any traffic over it's network. At an estimated $300-$400M cost for a WIMAX upgrade (only metro, not regional) Seven could not afford to exclude any VSP from access.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.