ENG 0.00% 89.0¢ engin limited

engin is still market leader over skype, page-3

1. 86 Posts.
    As I understand it Skype hardware is locked, Engin's is not locked (SIP).
    No matter what hardware people use they arn't going to avoid the expense of the monthly line rental (recently increased to $29.00) unless they go Engin.
    Also Engin allows customers to use their own supplied hardware, the more unlocked hardware out there the better really.
    Average Mums and Dads will want it cheap and to work, honest and simple, and that is what Engin offers.
    This will be all over our media for the next year and will no doubt make Engin an Australian household name when talking telephone alternatives.
    Skype and MyNetFone may offer similar call pricing but Engins combined broadband pricing makes it far cheaper, simplier and quality guarenteed with the one supplier.
    Engins staff are already fairly experienced in broadband issues that adding this to their product range should be a pretty inexpensive exercise merging into current operations.
    I'm sure Mums and Dads won't want it to be harder than that, with each supplier charging more and blaming the other, it's that simple.

On a technical note I see Telstra BigPond have blocked VOIP functionality on their latest modems, says it all really.
    http://www.apcmag.com/6544/bigpond_blocking_voip_on_new_modem

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.