SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

enough is enough - let us take action, page-85

1. 3,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 857
    Sharks37,

I fully agree with you regrading point 1 ie. the operational problems have let us down massively and there is no discernable improvement at all in last 18 months or so. If we allow the company or the management to continue on same path, we all are heading for a disaster sooner or later.

I am also very conscious about changing the management team if at all it can be avoided. Management or organisational changes are always problematic, risky and prone to failure if not handled propery and dilligently. This should be the last resort but shareholders should not shy away from this option if all else does not bring about the desired results.

The only option at this stage for shareholders is to send a very clear message to management that changes are needed and needed urgently.

Most of the company boards will not entertain or just plain ignore the message unless they are made aware that consequences of ignoring shareholders may result in the loss of their jobs. For this to happen, my view is that following phases are needed.

1. Realisation phase : The shareholders have to realise that there is a problem and it needs fixing. There should be plenty of debate with arguments and counter arguments. We are currently at this stage only.

2. Consencus Phase : When most of us agree that we definately need to do something to get us out of the current rut. We will be at that stage probably around end of month if Defender and SOAII results are no good otherwise we will go back to 1 again (hoping that things have been fixed permanently.

3. Action (a) : After phase 2, when most of us are united, we have to somehow convey the message to BOD that things needed change and tangible results are only way to show that change has been made. Most BOD will not take much notice of emails etc and have to be convinced with concrete plan eg the threat of calling an EGM and the solidarity behind it.

Action (b) Now it gets harder and we need a truly dedicated person to move it along to the not so pleasant alternative ie to change the management (more on this later)

As we are all in this to make money, my sincere and heartfelt wish is that we go from building a concensus phase to pre realisation phase as the alternate is mind, body and money taxing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.