VMS 4.76% 2.2¢ venture minerals limited

This is the article but to me it looks like Bob Brown believe...

1. 2,427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 453
    This is the article but to me it looks like Bob Brown believe that Venture Minerals are taking the next step with (1) commencement of Wet Screening Plant (2) The Financing of the Wet Screening Plant.

https://www.examiner.com.au/story/6977534/riley-creek-mine-protest-to-continue-despite-two-arrests/

Two Tarkine protesters were arrested at a RileyCreek mining operation on Tuesday morning, but that has not deterred the campaigners, who have vowed to fight on.

The two men were part of a protest organised by the Bob Brown Foundation, aimed at bringing attention to Venture Mineral's activities there as it works to set up a wet screening iron ore operation.

Takayna/Tarkine campaigner Scott Jordan said the group was pleased with the results of the protest, which included one man being chained to a gate and the other being chained to machinery.

He said both men had been released on bail later in the day.

The police said a woman would also be summonsed to appear in the Hobart Court later for trespassing.

Venture Minerals managing director Andrew Radonjic said the company respected people's right to protest.

"But that doesn't give them the right to trespass and it doesn't give them the right to prevent our employees and contractors from performing their lawful work on a mine with incredibly low environmental impact, while creating 100 jobs and significant economic activity," he said.

Mr Jordan said the site had a long history of controversy, with conservationists wanting the region to be protected in a World Heritage-listed national park and returned to Aboriginal ownership.

"Venture Minerals has known the value of this area since before it started exploration," he said.

"Yet it has wilfully gone into an area that is precious to many Tasmanians, and to people from all around the world, who want this area protected. This company has brought this conflict to our shores."

Mr Jordan said the campaigners were concerned that the mine would affect the survival of local Tasmanian Devil and Spotted-tailed Quoll populations and would degrade the World Heritage valuel and scapes.

He said anyone considering financing the mine needed to know there was opposition to it on the grounds of it senvironmental impacts.

When asked about the next steps, Mr Jordan said the group would not 'telegraph' its plans. "We will continue to campaign and they should expect to see more of us."

Last edited by ShareBeers: 21/10/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $49.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $61.13K 2.816M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 2649646 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 644332 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.