ENR 13.5% 42.0¢ encounter resources limited

ENR Weekly Report

1. 4,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3562
    (I was doing the REE Weekly Report on MTM threads. I started this weekly reports over 4 months back. I have not been holding MTM for around 2 to 3 months now but was still posting there. Since ENR is one REE I hold, I thought I will move it here. I have been putting links every week here, so those interested would know about it)

Weekly Review REE Stocks - 8th Sep 2023

Here is the weekly review figures and charts that I do every week. It is useful only for those interested in trading or those who hold multiple shares and based on performance would like to keep re-balancing as we go. I do hold a number of REE stocks and like to trade. This is the reason I include a number of REE Stocks in my analysis.

Please note:
    This is no reflection of all AU REE stocks as I have only included those that I am interested. In my list are shares that I hold, held before or planning to buy in near future. Since this is my list, I may have missed some good stocks. The averages are simple averages and not weighted averages. So the average don't reflect AU REE average. This is just for my tracking and analysis.

Please note that all my analysis are from a trading perspective looking at short-term view.
    This list contains 26 REE related stocks and no new additions this week.

How are we going in 2023 - General Markets-

• SP 500 after making a few 52 week highs and crossing 4600 is still in pullback mode, initially made 5% drop, then came up, now again thinking of going down
    • At this stage its at crossroads - delicately balanced, but the odds of going down slightly higher than going up in immediate short term
    • Upside - another retest of 4600 before getting to 4800 all time high. Many talk of 4550 as key level
    • Down side - 4440 first key level, it is toying with that. Many feel a test of 4300 is coming, and more importantly even 4200 is a good possibility
    • Overall trend from October is still uptrend. There will be pullbacks. So at high level (those holding longs etc) the uptrend is still intact. Those looking for swing, short-term trades, some volatility may be in place

What will happen next week - General Markets:
    • US markets were slightly green but relatively flat. U stocks slightly higher and Li stocks were down. ASX may have the same trend.
    • SP 500 now in real test of another pullback. As long as 4430/40 holds it should be fine. But if not a good chance we may see a play of 4300/4350 shortly
    • Mixed lead indicators - more negative than positive. VIX still 14 which is good and bullish. But Yields and Dollar Index strong - so not good. Bitcoin after 31k touch now below 26k and looking overall weak. Bitcoin first made a start to top 31k. SP 500 then followed to 4600. Now Bitcoin is trying to find a bottom, not sure where there is. Many feel SP 500 may then follow this trend of finding a bottom
    • Some signs in crack of economy - Banks, Housing in US as well as China is suddenly gripped fears in minds of many
    • CPI/PPI data crucial data next week, they will definetly provide direction. And big stocks like Apple because they hold a decent portion of indices - so many watching Apple, NVIDIA which from their highs are also in pullback
    Personally: As I have been saying for a number of weeks, my main play is in Uranium sector along with holding stocks some specific stocks on uptrend. Around 6 weeks back I had said started moving everything to U stocks. Fortunately it has played out well till now with around 30/50% gains in that time. I hope some who read my posts and take some cues from my posting also did well. In the same period I also got out of nearly all my Li stocks including 4 I was holding for quite long on uptrend - AZS/LRS/LLL/DLI, as I felt overall sector is putting pressure, I got 3 right, AZS still going strong and above my sell price.
    Stock/Sector specific Info:
    • ENR lost this week, finishing at 36 from 38.5 last week.
    • Huge volume on Wed after announcement. But after some drop seems to like holding this level. Key for me is to get over 40.
    • Last time i wrote I had sold one-third at 41 as had said 40 was key for me. I bought back that at 34. My average drops from 33 to 30 now.
    • The REE sectors stocks I track is up 4% across 26 stocks for the year,
    • This week across 26 stocks there was loss of 3%, - so not very good on the back of general markets retreating.
    • Overall REE sector is not doing well, only few stocks do well. Those more advanced, facing the tough realities of moving from develop to production, not so good - and this an indicator sector is not doing well - Over 80% of the stocks have lost close to 40/50% ust this year
    • Any announcement can have an effect of sp - both up and down

Here is the Figures for the Week:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5572/5572500-91b57ec8d9794041d87278ab82284fd3.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.050(13.5%)
Mkt cap ! $188.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 44.0¢ 37.5¢ $1.093M 2.720M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 36875 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
41.0¢
  Change
0.050 ( 9.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
38.0¢ 44.5¢ 38.0¢ 661732
Last updated 15.59pm 29/04/2024 ?
ENR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.