ENR 4.04% 47.5¢ encounter resources limited

Weekly Review REE Stocks - 23rd Feb 2024Here is the weekly...

1. 4,546 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3840

Weekly Review REE Stocks - 23rd Feb 2024

Here is the weekly review figures and charts that I do every week. It is useful only for those interested in trading or those who hold multiple shares and based on performance would like to keep re-balancing as we go. I do hold a number of REE stocks and like to trade. This is the reason I include a number of REE Stocks in my analysis. I also have history of 2023 for those interested in longer term view.

Please note:
    This is no reflection of all AU REE stocks as I have only included those that I am interested. In my list are shares that I hold, held before or planning to buy in near future. Since this is my list, I may have missed some good stocks. The averages are simple averages and not weighted averages. So the average don't reflect AU REE average. This is just for my tracking and analysis.

Please note that all my analysis are from a trading perspective looking at short-term view.
    This list contains 26 REE related stocks and no new additions this week.

How are we going in 2024 - General Markets

• SP 500 made a new All Time high this week at 5111, highest close ever at 5088 on Friday, finishing the week with around 1.6 percent gain for the week. So after first weekly loss last week after 5 weeks of gains, SP 500 is back on gain path, led by tech stocks
    • Volatility Index VIX is just under 14 - still very bullish, last week was just over 14
    • Bitcoin after its rampage in recent times, looks like it wants to keep the gains, still over 51k now, consolidating. As was expected, stock market is following that and making gains too
    • Sentiment Indicator - at Extreme Greed 78 - last week was 77, so has kept the level, and also indicative of stock market rise. Previous patterns, usually stock market tops for a correction/pullback at early 80s on Sentiment Indicator, something to watch
    • Russell 2000 still not doing great, more important indicator for risk-on/resource stocks, it actually fell close to 1.5% for the weeks, so going in opposite direction, no wonder lot of resource stocks still struggling
    What may happen next week - General Markets/U/Li:
    • Indices are still doing great, Yields and Dollar Index still high - hopefully we see some down movement there
    • Russell 2000 is key for us, signs at this stage are not great, so maybe another week for hope. If commodities have to do well, Russell 2000 has to do much better
    • Key economic data this week around - mainly PCE, other usual hobs, housing etc which will not make much impact
    • Uranium Sector overview - Uranium Spot price is in consolidation mode after making 106 high, now at 102, though in some platforms at 95. U stocks also in consolidation phase. I wrote last week that I expect CCJ between 39 to 41 - it has done 40.03. If 39 does not hold, a play of 35 may come into play, last phase bottom. On 19th January weekly report I had written I had sold most of my Uranium stocks. I was lucky as that marked the peak of this phase. Mr Greg, AGE boss, also sold some at 8c that week. I remember last time he had sold, he had again picked near top, so a clever man who understands market. So those who don't want to take a cue from my selling, Mr Greg is the man. This week U stocks fell 8% average. US U fell on Friday, so a soft start to the week.
    • Lithium Sector overview - Very volatile, there is a good chance the stocks may have made their bottom on (and around) Feb 6th, but certainly not out of the wood. ALB who I use as indicator at 120, low is 108, so not far away. It needs to at least get 127, but that's Step 1 only. After it gets to high 140s that should give comfort to most. This week average loss was around 1%, but many mid to large stocks lost close to 10%. US Li gained on Friday, so neutral to positive start on Monday
    Personally:
    My current situation this week - 5% U, 40% Li, 15% Others, 35% cash.
    Have bumped up Li and Others holdings this week, dropped U.

U stocks I had two good gains in September and January. Now I am hold 1 big, few others small, mostly trading - otherwise in a wait state, looking for cue for next leg. At this stage it looks it wants to go lower before going higher. How low, is to be seen. My lowest holding in U stocks in awhile. Early Jan, at one time nearly 60% of my portfolio was U stocks. Last few years I have seen this ups and downs, hence try to play it that way, sometimes I get it right, not always, this time luckily also got it right.

Li stocks I had mentioned I was playing two in big way. I got out of one on Friday - I was playing it for close to 6 weeks in this phase and writing daily. I was lucky there, my average buy was 40, got out at 60 and fairly large holding. Its a very strong Li stock, and I wrote on that thread yesterday, its so ironic, that I was buying when it was weakest and sold when its looking strongest. I have put the reasons there. I like the stock, previous run I got from high 30s and got out at 90. So I should be back there at some stage. It has been very lucky for me. Others still 1 large, 1 getting large and few moderate - picked up a few more recently

Also playing with some REE and Health stocks. Many REE stocks are doing same hype play what Lithium was last year. Lot of stocks buying land in Canada, jumping few 100% on hype. I call them Stage 1 - hype. Next comes, Stage 2 - Reality. Its best to get out before Stage 2 from a risk perspective although anything can happen. I certainly get out, closer it comes to reality or price action becomes bad. Hence a bit up on Others holding for me.
    Stock/Sector specific Info:
    • Hovering around 24 mark for the whole week, very indecisive state
    • Key is to hold this level. In October it touched 22.5 and was the low of that phase. For 9 months it has held that. Needs to hold here, otherwise there could be trouble.
    • Also time for nest CR is coming close - not sure if that is also a factor in keeping here. Last May raise at 25c. Expenses dictate taht a CR in next few weeks or at least months - in current state would be lucky to do at 25 again, but sometimes a very big gain could be just an announcement away
    • I have not yet bought back, watching
    • The REE sectors stocks I track was flat for the week across 26 stocks for the week and 17% down for the year. No signs till now that a strong rebound is imminent in the sector.
    .Here is the Figures for the Week:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5985/5985133-0dfab8650c7a342a4765cd530564f6f8.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.5¢
Change
-0.020(4.04%)
Mkt cap ! $214.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 49.0¢ 45.5¢ $182.5K 390.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 799 47.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 3030 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ENR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.