ENR 10.0% 49.5¢ encounter resources limited

Weekly Review REE Stocks - 30th Aug 2024Here is the weekly...

1. 4,588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3855

Weekly Review REE Stocks - 30th Aug 2024

Here is the weekly review figures and charts that I do every week. It is useful only for those interested in trading or those who hold multiple shares and based on performance would like to keep re-balancing as we go. I do hold a number of REE stocks and like to trade. This is the reason I include a number of REE Stocks in my analysis. I also have history of 2023 for those interested in longer term view.

Please note:
    This is no reflection of all AU REE stocks as I have only included those that I am interested. In my list are shares that I hold, held before or planning to buy in near future. Since this is my list, I may have missed some good stocks. The averages are simple averages and not weighted averages. So the average don't reflect AU REE average. This is just for my tracking and analysis.

Please note that all my analysis are from a trading perspective looking at short-term view.

This week no new additions, so my list contains 30 REE related stocks.

How are we going in 2024 - General Market

• SP 500 still playing very strongly, failed to do a new all time high this week, but not far behind. Finished at 5648, last week 5634, gain of 0.25%. A high of 5669 is waiting.
    • Volatility Index VIX is at 15, last week at 15.86, so slight drop and around 15 is still very bullish. VIX too has done its round to 65, got the tick and looks like ready to serve the bulls again. It was looking vulnerable couple of days back, but only slightly, no threat.
    • Sentiment Indicator at 63 Greed, last week 53 - Neutral - so in a short while it has moved from Extreme Fear, to Fear, to Neutral and now I think where it belongs Greed - its a lagging indicator so just catching up now to confirm the bull market
    • Bitcoin which made some good jump last week, is again playing truant, is back testing the mid level, currently at 59k, down from 64k last week
    • Russell 2000 again not doing much this week, its a concern. We want this to be strongest, for risk assets, commodities, resources, small-caps, etc. It stayed flat for the week. It finished at 2217, from 2218 of last week.
    • Yields have again started going up, though not much, hovering around 3.91, last week 3.8 - so showing some divergence from stock market
    • Dollar Index too going like Yields, slightly up
    • Gold, Silver, Oil - no strong direction for a while now, For several weeks gold at 2500+/-, Silver 29+/-, Oil 75+/-
    • So overall markets looking very strong - last week I wrote - "very positive". This week again - very positive
    What may happen next week - General Markets/U/Li/REE:
    • SP 500 may try to get to another all time high soon, very likely next week. I wrote this last week, but it didn't happen, so lets see, less than half percent away, so odds are good
    • Russell 2000 is trying to recover, but didn't do much this week, lets hope next week is a better one we need some big weekly jumps over here, 5%+.
    • Economic data - No major data this week, so technicals and sentiment may drive markets
    • Uranium Sector overview - I have been writing for couple of months, May end top, July end bottom, September end top. CCJ to reverse from here. I was writing that 39/40 is critical level, and a move in either direction may provide medium term direction. Last week it was looking positive and finished at 42.61. This week there was a scare and tested the first lower level of 39/40. It came to 40.22, but this level has held for now. It finished the week at 40.84, towards the high of the day, having a green Friday. So as I wrote last week, a churn around the critical level may happen. I have also been writing till it crosses 45 and stays above that, reversal will not be confirmed. So we still don't have a confirmation. But odds that 35 may have been the bottom for this phase is still good. My play of bottoming here and topping Sep end/Oct begin is still intact. I have bought around 90% of what I had wanted to buy, 40% 3 weeks back, another 40% 2 week back, another 5% last week, another 5% this week, but I also did a good amount of trading and brought some of my averages. I do love to trade and play with 30%, many times on daily basis. Spot price is also in a scare/drama, dipped below psychological number of 80, at 79.25 down from 82.40 of last week. It needs to hold here for a reversal to U stocks. So my theory is still in play, but anything can happen, so please dyor.
    • Lithium Sector overview - Another uncertain week, and still not providing a firm direction. Spot price is on the up. ALB is close to 30% up from its lows - that is one of the best results in a long time. ALB did make an effort this week to get into triple figures, but is facing a lot of resistance currently. Last week it finished at 90.50, this week at 90.25, so slightly down for the week. But I think its still very positive that it has held nearly 30% gains from its bottom of 71 couple of weeks back. Previous week we had 2 green weeks in my 90 stocks that I track after a while, before that 4 weeks of red. This week its back in red losing average 3% for the week. Last week I had mentioned how Ganfeng is diverging from ALB, from US Li stocks. Last week it finished at near 52 week low. This week it a made a fresh 52 week low, but after that is coming back. Now its around 7% from its lows, so a much better play, but still some divergence from ALB. Last 2 days were strong. So maybe it is lagging and coming back. Ganfeng is a big stock. A market leader. It has to join the party, otherwise there may not be a party. Last week I had written, this divergence cannot stay, either ALB has to come down or Ganfeng to go up. ALB didn't make any gains this but Ganfeng did. So playing to that theory that the divergence gap has to close. For a very good feel, ALB has to get near 106. I feel, Ganfeng around 35/37 zone, both around 50% up from its lows. Although that will look very good, but the drop has been brutal, still lot to cover, but there will hope and odds of bottoming and reversing for the sector would increase considerably.
    • REE Sector overview - REE stocks having a similar play like Li sector. Last week we got first green after 5 weeks of red. This week we are back in red but only slight, 1% drop for the week. WA1 is back it looks, LYC doing well, BRE is coming to the party now, MEI/ENR who may be waiting for some more confirmation, could possibly start making a move this week. .
    Personally:
    This week for me similar to last 3 weeks. I had bought 85% of my U stocks I wanted to buy before this week, picked up a few more, now at 90%. Rest I want to buy when the price goes up, otherwise I want to keep some ammo if prices do fall. Doing lot of trading as well, trying to pick 10/20% drops and rise before confirmation, some were successful this week, got some averages down, not much 3 to 5% average. I like trading, keeps me busy and even 5% drop on averages on big amount is still not bad. But it carries risks. Those in bull mode, buy and hold could be equally good if not more profitable. Li/REE I have not started to buy. I am getting signals of bottoming/reversal, but U sector signals are more advanced at this stage, its providing me more confidence that it may have bottomed. I know I will never pick bottom, so want to see some confirmation of trend reversal. Hopefully soon. U sector is also playing to my theory which I have been writing every week for last 3 months, so my confidence is better there. But that's just me, my bias, for all practical purposes the reverse may happen, U stocks stay here and others go on a big ride, but I will catch it, maybe miss the initial part. This week U stocks were in consolidation phase, like last week. As I wrote last week, it will not go in a straight line, till we have confirmation, and it practically played according to that. U stocks I am playing (LOT/AGE/CXU/EL8/BMN/BOE/DYL/PDN/SLX/AEE). I like to spread, in case one or two doesn't work. Its individual choice, sometimes one stock may give biggest rise. I try to reduce risk of specific stocks not doing well. Besides Uranium, I am playing very cautiously, not playing Li/REE sector blindly at this stage. Just a few stocks here and there. Other plays in health stocks, with some splattering across Gold and Oil/gas - most of these I play standard spreading the money, so don't usually write there, but currently I have got around 10 stocks in these sector I am playing there. Main health stocks - DXB (avg 26)/BOT (avg 17)/PYC (avg 7.5), Gold - PNR (avg 5.2) - , I have been writing about them for several months now, keep trading small portions and reducing average, REE - WA1/BRE

Stock/Sector specific Info:
    • This week ENR trying to confirm a consolidation play. I wrote that last week. And its still in that phase. Moved slightly up from 47.5 to 49.5 this week. High of 51.5 and low of 45, a slightly higher high, a slightly lower low than last week. Low to moderate volume. So all signs of consolidation. As I have been writing, its critical that ENR hold this mid 40s level. If it loses that, it could suddenly be in 20s. I am just talking from trading pattern perspective, not fundamentals, and I don't claim to everything, but that's my view currently. One of the reasons I want to see this level before buying.
    • As I wrote in sector review, REE stocks were back in red this week, but good to see WA1/BRE making their moved. I have picked both of them. Waiting for ENR to show some signs.
    • REE stocks down 12% for the year.
    • Personally as I wrote over a month back, I exited my stocks. My buy average was 30.5 as I had written. On the big news day, I read the responses. I am not very great on fundamentals. I got a feel by reading the posts that its not great. I play on technicals, trading patterns more, so I exited in early 80s. I am watching now from trading perspective. At this stage its still looking vulnerable - though some signs of bottoming. So watching every day, nearly every trade for some signs. No confirmation yet that we may have bottomed or of reversal, but it can happen, or would have already happened.
    • General markets getting better, slight improvement in sector, so some cautious positivity may come into play. I will wait for confirmation.
    Here is the Figures for the Week:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6424/6424119-b02fbaf41084d3924ef4856189b6d711.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
0.045(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $223.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 49.5¢ 45.0¢ $177.6K 371.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7581 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 10907 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ENR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.