HZN 2.70% 19.0¢ horizon oil limited

With my comment and a little EI, I have probably become the most...

1. 15,431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1383
    With my comment and a little EI, I have probably become the most accessable target of those who seek redress for the share price fall. I will provide these comments to the extent that the query for my perspective was genuine.
    • I am terrible at typing and with no autocorrect or highlighting of spelling and syntax errors I am comfortable with errors going through. The sobriquet arsenic implies I try not to take myself too seriously.
    • With the rescheduling of debt, I expect cash flow and debt are sufficiently in hand to stave of receivership and or a heavily discounted equity raising at these levels.
    • I think the salary for payment for the CEO is high but I think the same for all mining industry “professionals”. This is because return on equity has generally been poor and correlated largely with commodity prices which were boosted by China’s sudden emergence.
    • With that backdrop I do not begrudge Brent Emmett’s salary because I know that when HZN fell to less than 10c some years ago. The directors including Brent Emmett exercised Options at above the market price to get the compony trough. I have never seen this done before or since.
    • I think the company has done an excellent job proving up 2P and 3P gas and oil resources.
    • When I spoke to analysts to ask what they thought of Bent Emmett. They said he is a good focussed executive but they thought be pushed HZN’s case too hard. I can’t fault him for that.
    • Separately I believe Peter Strachan is as good as we are going to see from an accessible analyst on Aust. on O&G. (Charlie Aitken is better.)
    • I thought it was a good deal to get a contingent payment from the Japanese purchaser of gas assets in PNG even though it was contingent on LNG production.
    • I think we will get to LNG production via T3 of PNG LNG and get our funds $106m.
    • In a MSc. Mineral Economics lecture I asked Dr. Peter Moore thought of the potential for a gas pipeline via a Talisman syndicate being developed. He said the other pipeline to PNG LNG was the only one likely. I.e. the Talisman one wasn’t likely.
    • I think negotiations are at a delicate stage and need to run their course with Santos before HZN. HZN will then either get a share in T3 or cash or get taken over.
    • If we monetise the Gas Brent Emmett will have sufficiently earned his money for me not to quibble.
    • I watched all the development of OSH’s T1 and think HZN is modelled on it. My larger stake in HZN (even at these prices) rather OSH was predicated on my taking the bigger risk to attempt get the bigger return.
    • I have also bought a stake in OSH. I topped up on HZN at around these prices post the announcement of refinancing. I am a long term holder around eight years as a guess.
    • Importantly I am sufficiently diversified in my resource investment to not let HZN be a determining factor in my Investment success. I.e. I feel the pain but am prepared to wait.
    In summary I believe in management and we have the asset. They haven’t waivered we shouldn’t.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.005(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $308.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 19.0¢ 18.5¢ $107.8K 573.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
51 2191684 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 49631 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.