IPL 0.00% $2.87 incitec pivot limited

entitlement offer 5 for every 13 at $2.50, page-22

1. 2,306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67

Hey GoNuke, SHL did pretty well after their raising. Also GPT was always above their cap raising level even before Stockland got their stake.

If it is such a formality that IPL will trade below 2.50, why did the institutions bother participating?

NAB & CBA & AMP on the first days trading after their raisings traded ABOVE the cap raising level.

Yes I am aware they are now below, but that is because of general market sentiment. I just want to point out that generally the first day back after trading halt and a cap raising the stock usually trades higher than the level the raising was done at. Some of the posts on this thread indicate that a few here have no idea about how things normally work.

Your opinion that IPL could go down below 2.50 is fair enough I guess, and I take you point that in this bear market companies struggle to hold above the cap raising level for long. For what it is worth though, despite the horror day on the market today, I still doubt that IPL will be below 2.50 tomorrow.

As for next week or the weeks after well who knows!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.87
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.574B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.88 $2.88 $2.85 $8.479M 2.956M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 85309 $2.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.87 79244 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.