SHV 0.71% $4.18 select harvests limited

Entry Time, page-13

1. 3,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    I just doubled my holdings today to average down. Haven't sold a single share yet. I'm happy to keep this for medium term considering that the dividend yield is pretty good. Looked at it again over the weekend on all the reports and I'm convinced that Mr.Market is just playing games with this one. The value looks good and yes, management may have some room for improvement, I think almonds are here to stay in Australia. The drought in California is a structural issue that they'll have to deal with and we are already seeing signs of some orchards being pulled down as water rights are getting too expensive or unpredictable.

Also, the production cost price of California is not low and their breakeven price has gone up due to water costs going up as well as bees pollination cost going up. So, the farmers in California will have to readjust and rather than planting a lot, they'll plant less acreages. Supply and Balance will even up again.

If you're an impatient person wanting to get quick money from this stock, it's not a good one to jump into. But if you can look beyond a year or two, this can be a good annuity meanwhile whilst waiting for others to spot this stock as a good investment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.18
Change
-0.030(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $506.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.20 $4.21 $4.09 $386.1K 93.18K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 216 $4.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.22 516 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.