MMR 0.00% 0.4¢ mec resources limited

environment plan not required 2 be made public, page-4

1. 7,987 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 699
    DDzx,

My thanks also, and thumbs up, for posting the article.

As far as "threatening" migratory birds, fish, turtles, whales and sharks go.

All these creatures swim/fly around the oceans of the world, some down the east coast of Australia into Bass Strait and past the many production platforms supplying oil and natural gas to the Victorian market.
    The Bass Strait field has been a huge benefit to Victoria and Australia.....
    The Ocean Partriot rig is drilling in Bass Strait right now with no environmental problems.

I have a house on the Gippsland lakes.
    From the 90 mile beach, the Bass Strait rigs are visible as specks on the distant horizion.
    I have seen whales sounding between shore and the rigs.
    The town of Lakes Entrance in Gippsland is directly opposite the rigs.
    It is the port for the largest commercial fishing fleet in Australia.
    The fishing fleet is there because that is where the fish are...So the fish are not "threatened"

The number of ships coming in and out of Sydney and Newcastle would be many 1000s per year.
    These ships do not threaten the marine life.
    And as STATIONARY objects, the handful of rigs would be easier for marine life to avoid than moving objects... ships)

Similarly,there are lots of production rigs/drilling rigs on the North west shelf and further north up the Australian coast.... with huge gas production coming out of there.
    Marine life migrates down the coast of Australia past these rigs. The alleged "threatened species" are NOT threatened there either.

Both NSW State Government and the Federal Government are very keen to develop gas as a cleaner greener energy source.
    So environmentally there is no downside to what is being attempted.

The flatulence that comes out of some of the objectors is a bigger threat to the environment that a potential new gas field near Australias most populated region.

End of rant !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.