NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

All depends on your entry and exit points and your investing...

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    All depends on your entry and exit points and your investing strategy. Many people have an investment strategy that is longer than 1 or 2 years.

If you are a more shorter term trader of course you would have made a loss if you invested at your cherry picked points. If you are a longer term trader, who cares what the short term fluctuations are?

Easy to cherry pick, if instead of july 2020, you picked march 2020 you could have bought at @92c and if still held you would have trounced the index.

I have no doubt there are many holders who have invested earlier and are sitting on (significantly) well above index performance. If you are a even shorter term trader you would have made good money by buying in recently after the announced legal action - that is what I did, saw it as an over correction and made a quick tidy profit.

Who exactly are you targeting with your repeated comments? If it is long term investors, your wasting breath, they don't care about noise on a year or two basis.

What is your strategy? Chop and change or sit and hold? trade regularly on 1 day, 1 week, 6 month, 2 years, 10 years? If it is short term in and out and chase that is fine but not everyone is wanting that level of risk (or transaction cost). Similarly if you are a technical trader, go off the trends, not everyone sees charting as a long term value strategy though.

Do your research, those who sit and hold and make few trades have on average made the best returns since the late 80s. Not as sexy or fun though (and there nothing wrong with playing sexy and fun so long as you aren't investing the farm).

Of course if you see and can justify an opinion of why the stock is unfairly valued, no problem calling it, but not on basis of share price fluctuations, give us more structural weakness and analysis but all your comments seem to be about the current price not the underlying strength of the business.

Last edited by Jonkster: 01/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.