AEV 4.76% 1.1¢ avenira limited

eoi - phosphate mine development - wonarah

1. 323 Posts.
    Not sure if it was discuss recently but I came across this Expression of Interest today with a closing date of 23/24.10.2013.

http://mining.icn.org.au/project/518/phosphate-mine-development-wonarah?psid=1379305782

Project Owner: Minemakers Limited
    Project Value: TBA
    Project Status: The project is currently at feasibility study stage with environmental approvals being in parallel.

Minemakers is an ASX and TSX listed resources company (ASX:MAK, TSX: MAK) based in Western Australia. The company owns 100% of the Wonarah phosphate project located on the Barkly tablelands in the Northern Territory of Australia.

Wonarah hosts the largest JORC/ NI43-101 compliant phosphate rock resource in Australia totalling 1.7 billion tonnes at 12.2% P205, using a 0% P205 cut off and 842 million tonnes at 18.1% P2O5 using a 10% P2O5 cut off.

Mining will be by shallow open pits up to 50 metres in depth, with initial production targeting approximately 1.5 Mtpa increasing to approximately 7.5 Mtpa as additional production units are constructed and brought on stream.

Ore will be delivered to a run of mine (ROM) pad and blended material from these ROM stockpiles will be fed to a simple beneficiation plant. The beneficiated ore, together with sand and petroleum coke will be fed to a patented improved hard process (IHP) module that will produce super phosphoric acid (SPA), which will be the final product produced at the site.

SPA will be trucked to Tennant Creek for loading onto rail for the journey to Darwin for export or south to domestic markets.

The project is currently the subject of a bankable feasibility study (BFS) and concurrent environmental approvals, both of which are expected to be concluded in the first quarter 2014.

Discussions with financiers will commence in the latter part of 2013 and continue into 2014. Construction is expected to commence on conclusion of these negotiations. Tendering of work packages is expected to commence in early 2014. The IHP plant will be a turnkey project provided by the technology owner JDCPhosphate, although there may be some opportunity for locally provided civil work.

Expected work packages are as follows:

mining
    construction of a beneficiation plant
    IHP plant civil construction
    transport of SPA from mine site to wharf
    road construction
    airport construction
    air charter
    fuel supply - diesel and gas
    petroleum coke supply
    rehabilitation
    supply of light vehicles
    construction and lease of villages at Wonarah
    catering and cleaning
    power supply
    borefield installation
    communications
    Tender documents will only be issued to selected contractors who are able to meet our requirements in terms of competence, experience and financial soundness. Initial enquiries should be made via the ICN.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.