CTN 0.00% 0.3¢ catalina resources ltd

EPA timeframe, page-194

1. 2,010 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    Nelson Bay River Iron Project

Shree’s wholly owned Nelson Bay River Project (“NBR” or the “Project”) including Mining Lease 3M/2011 is engaged in the mining and shipment of iron ore. The location of the Mining Lease 3M/2011 is shown in Figure 1.Figure 1: Location Plan – NW TasmaniaThe Project is within an established mineral province in the region. Operating mines include Grange Resources’ (ASX: GRR) Savage River Iron Ore and MMG’s Roseberry Mine.The project has three types of resources: Direct Shipping Ore (“DSO”), Beneficiable low-grade resource (“BFO”) and a Magnetite Resource.The NBR occurrence is a 4km long magnetic feature (anomaly). The iron mineralisation is hosted by a steeply SW dipping mafic dyke, intruded into siliciclastic country rocks. The magnetic feature has been divided into two parts, northern and southern.

Resources

NBR has a JORC compliant global iron Resource of 11.3Mt, including goethitic-hematite Resource of 1.4Mt and magnetite Resource of 7.8Mt. The Resource & Reserve tables are attached in Annexure 1.The Resource at NBR covers approximately 1km in strike length of goethite-hematite mineralisation including approximately 400 metres of magnetite. The Magnetite Resource can produce high grade concentrates for Blast Furnace Pellets (“BFP”) and Dense Media Magnetite (“DMM”). A cap of oxide Resource covers the magnetite Resource and extends southwards for a further 600 metres of strike. The oxide Resource is composed of goethitic-hematite “DSO” and magnetic goethitic-hematite material amenable to beneficiation “BFO”.NBR was previously producing direct shipping Iron Ore (Fines & Lump) products until being placed on care and maintenance since June 2014 following sharp iron ore price falls.Following the recent improvement in Iron Ore Prices, the Company has commenced actively pursuing re-permitting activities forming part of development process of DSO project at NBR.Shree is seeking approval to re-open the mine that would allow the company to complete the existing DSO pit by extraction, processing and shipment of the remaining hematite ore. The revised project will utilise associated infrastructure including the existing Waste Rock Dump (WRD), Run of Mine pad, roads, water and other infrastructure, all located within the current mine footprint.

NBR DSO Project Development

The DSO requires no major processing beyond crushing and screening. It is then trucked to the port and shipped. The south DSO pit (“SDSO”) was developed in 2013 with production commencement in November 2013 and first shipment in January 2014. The operation has been developed as an all contract mining, processing and haulage operation with local contractors in the region. The iron ore shipments totalled 181,000 tonnes historically. The NBR product (DSO Lump and Fines) has been very well received and is in demand by customers due to its low impurities like alumina (Al2O3) at only 1.3%.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.